The Centre for Informatics and Society (CIS) is a research initiative situated at the Multi-Disciplinary Design and User Research Group of the Faculty for Informatics at the Vienna University of Technology.
Founded in 2016, it seeks to bridge the gap between academic research and technological advancements in Informatics, and the societal impact and challenges arising from these developments.
The CIS represents part of the ongoing efforts by the Faculty for Informatics to support knowledge and technology transfer as defined within the university’s development plan in section C, “Society”.
- Associate Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr.techn. Hilda Tellioglu
- Univ.Ass. Dipl.-Ing. Florian Cech
- Univ.Ass. Dipl.-Ing. Fabian Fischer
- Bakk. Lukas Pichlhöfer
Former Board Members
- Univ.Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr.techn. Hannes Werthner
- Ao.Univ.Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr.rer.nat. Uwe Egly
- Ao.Univ.Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr.techn. Peter Purgathofer
- Ao.Univ.Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr.techn. Eduard Gröller
- Ao.Univ.Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr.techn. Günther Raidl
- Ao.Univ.Prof. Mag.iur. Dr.iur. Markus Haslinger